Technical Writer (Contract)
Our expanding and highly dynamic team is in need of a technical writer with a knowledge of cybersecurity and healthcare / biomedical / clinical engineering concepts and terminology.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for creating and writing various types of user documentation, including how-to guides, manuals, references, or instructions. This candidate should have strong communication skills which enable them to explain complicated concepts in a simple manner. This individual will work closely with engineering, sales, sales engineering, and marketing teams. They may also occasionally meet with customer representatives in order to understand and document required content.
- Explain technical ideas in simple language
- Work closely with Cylera engineering, sales, sales engineering, and marketing teams
- Meet with customer representatives to establish technical specifications
- Create user documentation for a variety of material - technical, marketing, sales, advertising, etc.
- Gather input from the field Sales Engineers to create technical sales collateral
- Consult with Solution Architect to build standard high-level design architecture
- Consult with Sales Engineers, documents best practices for fieldwork
- Administer and write technical content for technical sales enablement
- Write and prepare workshop material for technical evaluations
- Coordinate internal RFI/RFP responses with internal teams
- QA all proposals for ensuring accuracy, targeted audience, and quality
- Produce quality bid proposals that consider technical and business aspects for global bids
- Provide support, research, and follow up for a variety of project tasks and special projects as needed
- Proactively manage project-related issues and focus on meeting project requirements in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Create and maintain policies and procedures, department manuals, processing guides, job aids, reference tools, etc.
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand highly technical information
- 3+ years of technical writing experience
- Experience with cybersecurity sales or product marketing
- Experience in developing and publishing technical documentation
- Experience in developing and documenting technical processes
- Substantive experience providing document/process development support for a cybersecurity organization, software product company, and/or biomedical clinical engineering
- Experience with producing technical design specification documentation by consultation with a system engineer
- Excellent grammar, editing, and writing skills with strong attention to detail
- Experience writing executive level briefings, White Papers, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), high-level designs, and project plans or similar
- Ability to work independently to deadlines and to chase down any required information from other team members